Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Subscribers' Forums » Technical

Post subject: Honda PCX Tyres
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:03 pm 

Hi, I've just recently bought a Honda PCX. And I started looking online to find out how much replacement tyres would be and how easy they would be to source. So far no luck, can't find any one online that supplies them. They are FRONT 90/90x14 and REAR 100/90x14. Anyone else had this problem? I contacted Honda and all they said was contact your dealer! Any help much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Honda PCX Tyres
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:14 pm 
Posting Insanity

That`s a bit naughty of Honda , that`s the second time this has happened . People couldn`t get tyres for the Honda CBF 125 when it first came out .At the rate they are selling those PCX`s they ought to get their fingers out !

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:18 pm 

Yeah that's what I was thinking. They even specify replacing them with iRC Tyres, but couldn't even find the size on there website! Not much good if I damage a tyre soon.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:39 pm 
Posting Insanity

Just tried putting your size tyres into quite a few tyre sites , including IRC and nothing . Bang off an irate Email to Honda and if you get no success contact Trading Standards, as they are selling machines that they cannot support .

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:23 pm 
TAG Moderator

I have moved this answered thread from general & deleted the duplicate post :idea:

Not good if honda dealers have no spare tyres :umm: better not get a puncher or cut in tyre then :x

Pirelli diablo scooter tyres :idea:

Front but no rear :W
http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/mot ... xtor=AD-47

Rear but no front :?

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?d ... htweiter=1

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:48 pm 

DTO thank you for finding some tyres! Well done. Just about to fire off an email to my dealer and see if they can come up with tyres! Will let you know the out come.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:04 pm 
Posting Insanity

Well done DTO for finding those tyres .They must have flecks of gold in them for those prices , especially the front .Unusual that the smaller section front costs more than the rear . The Pirelli SL26 130X70 12in for my 250cc Leo didn`t cost as much as that ! Mention Diablo and you could join the GP Bikes on a quick lap somewhere , seems over the top on spec. for a 60 mph Scooter . Other Suppliers will soon be stocking them to give competition .Send Emails to M&P and Black Circles to enquire when they will be getting them in , their prices will be competitive . They send them to you from a central depot , which could well be a Pirelli Depot .

Board index » Subscribers' Forums » Technical