Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Subscribers' Forums » General Scooter Discussion

Post subject: Honda SH300 Screen (Newbie)
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:03 am 

Hi, another newbie, 61 this Sunday so been biking for years, but yesterday collected my first ever scooter a Honda SH300.
My current bike is a BMW 1150RT had since new, usually do a good tour every year, Italy or Switzerland so use to plenty of protection. So, drove back from dealers yesterday about 16mls and nearly froze to death. Did'nt think the top of my legs would get so cold, but the biggest problem is I need a screen. Has anyone tried the GIVI Sliding Screen, see a few people have cut down the Honda screen which is way to high, so I would welcome any comments before I order the GIVI.
The little Honda feels great and nips along nicely, and the twist and go is a delight.
Happy riding, Mick.

Post subject: Re: Honda SH300 Screen (Newbie)
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:18 pm 
Board Pro!

welcome :)

WWW.PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.TK - Welcomes Piaggio,Gilera and Aprilia owners

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:15 pm 

Ordered Givi sliding screen, should be here for the weekend.
Wife and I have put a few miles on the sh300 and the verdict is that it's superb. My wife drove it today about 25 mls, only complaint was the seat height but apart from that it's all good. I tested the Silver wing but did'nt like the feet forward riding position, little SH is a little more upright and not so much strain on the lower back. Now the next thing is Yamaha TMax any suggestions anyone because I'm thinking about getting rid of my BMW, biggest guestion is, are they a smooth ride or do they rattle your teeth out !.

Post Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:53 am 

hi - did you make a decision on the tmax yet? i see your posting is a month old before i type too much more! cheers, chickenflaps

Post Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:09 pm 

I fitted a Givi screen after reading about it here, visited the website first.

I only use the lower part only. I am 6ft 1 and it keeps the wind off me up to my shoulders. There is no wind effect, I was posting 85 into the recent very strong winds at an angle, no trouble. Riding at speed was a pain due to wind blast and the upright seating position.

The screen is very easy to fit 15 to 30 minutes at max.

:D

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:24 pm 

sh rider wrote:
I fitted a Givi screen after reading about it here, visited the website first.

I only use the lower part only. I am 6ft 1 and it keeps the wind off me up to my shoulders. There is no wind effect, I was posting 85 into the recent very strong winds at an angle, no trouble. Riding at speed was a pain due to wind blast and the upright seating position.

The screen is very easy to fit 15 to 30 minutes at max.

:D

Does anybody know which GIVI screen is best?(height wise) 307A or 308A (on the givi website) http://www.givi.co.uk/My-motorcycle/?ma=HONDA&mo=SH-300i-07--09

Also on the site it lists A307A
Specific fitting kit for 307A and 308A

So Im guessing I need to buy a fitting kit as well? can anyone firm.

And for any Honda SH300 owners I found this service interval manual. http://www.motorista.pl/tabele/Honda%20SH%20300,%20A%20%282007%29%20Maintenance%20Schedule.pdfI am getting my 16k service done at main dealer and I will be printing this pdf and getting them to confirm its all been done!

Any lastly; Hello! this is my 1st post. Bought my sh300 a couple of weeks ago for a london commute, 70miles a day. aka going to freeeze!

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:33 am 

I am using the AF308 which is in two parts. The 2nd adjustable part I do not use. It does not come with the 2 parts joined.

I wanted a flyscreen not a windscreen. While I might try the 2nd part at its lowest fitted height. Meanwhile the 1st part top is just above the top level of the mirors. Feels ok to me for now.

:smokin:

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:09 am 

ok thanks!

Which website did you buy yours from I can only find two websites in the UK selling them for around £50.

btw: anyone having a major problems with there SH300? would be nice to know of any known problems, trying to find a haynes manual!

Cheers

Board index » Subscribers' Forums » General Scooter Discussion